Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Get Nailed! DIY Newspaper Nails

Newspaper Nails -
Okay this one is so cool- but with coolness comes great difficulty. I've commissioned the help of a pair of tweezers to pull this manicure off with ease.


1- Cut 10 squares of newspaper clippings up (make sure that they are larger than the perimeter of your nail)
2- Apply a base coat of polish to your nails (you can use any color, but try and keep it light and neutral so the newspaper print shows up nicely!)
3- Once your nails are completely dry, submerge them each finger in alcohol one by one -NOT nail polish remover- for a few seconds each
4- Now it's time to apply your news clipping! Wrap the news clipping around your nail and press for 3 seconds. Make sure you are doing this finger by finger (so soak, then wrap per finger)
5- Peel news clipping off with aforementioned tweezer and VUALA! - 1 down and 9 more fingers to go!
6- Once you have tattooed all of your nails with the print, apply a layer or two of top coat for shine and protection!

Fashionable Regards!

Sammy



15 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning and cool! Thanks for sharing the tips!! Have to try this asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Jenni :) You have to test it out and post pics!

      Delete
  2. this is fantastic!!! thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! I dind’t know your blog! It’s amazing! If you want follow each other let me know and i’ll come to follow you!!
    Kisses and take care honey!!

    www.marilynsclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi love! Thank you so much, you have a great blog as well, and a really unique sense of style! I officially followed you on GFC, Twitter and Bloglovin :)

      Delete
  4. Hello beautiful, I just discovered your blog and loved this great has a lot estilo.You hace a new follower.

    I invite you to meet my blog, if you like would be happy to follow me.

    http://www.estilostiletto.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You have a new follower as well :)

      Delete
  5. I try to make it ;)
    Very cool!
    Would you like to follow each others? ;)
    Ila.
    http://morethingsaboutfashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little difficult, but it's definitely worth it! Great blog, I am officially a More Things About Fashion follower :)

      Delete
  6. Hi beautiful!

    I think that this post is really interesting...and i love ur pictures! do u want to follow each other? I'm already following u!

    xx from

    http://letoileduphare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Of course! I am now following you and I adore your looks <3

      Delete
  7. That is such a cool idea! =)
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I was looking for a new nail trick.

    Great idea,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete